Don’t we all love pizza? It’s one of those creations that saves the day, every time. If you can’t really figure out what to eat, a pizza will come in handy. You can buy one or you can make your own at home, but it would be even better if you could step that up a notch by using a wood burning pizza oven. Transform pizza from a fantastic meal to an experience.
You may be wondering why? Here’s why:
1. You get to build it in your own yard, once and you’ll have it forever. True, you can buy one as well, but it will definitely break down at some point and then you’ll have to buy another one. And think of all the fun you’ll have getting your hands dirty actually making your own wood burning pizza oven.
2. The pizza tastes wonderfully different. Because it’s coming in contact with wood smoke from the wood you’re using to cook the pizza, you get a flavourful pizza that you wouldn’t get with a conventional pizza maker.
3. If you’ve seen a pizza made in a wood burning pizza oven, you notice that they come out crisper. The moisture from the dough and the toppings escapes just enough before its ready so that you’re left with a crispy, delicious pizza with the toppings cooked just right.
4. It’s a great way to get the family together and get to do something as one. If you’re making the regular pizza in your kitchen, I’ll bet that cooking it is just like cooking on any other day. But imagine firing up your outdoor pizza oven. Wood burning pizza ovens have a way of getting everyone out of the house and getting them to work together to get that great pizza too. It means you get some help too.
5. Your guests won’t be able to get over it. Here’s an entertainment idea: arrange your party around your wood burning pizza oven and then get some little additional lighting. Lay out the drinks and the rest of the bitings, and let the pizzas and other bits cook as people get to talk and chat. I’ll bet you that they’ll want you come back. Outdoor cooking has a way of making company seem so much better, and have a lot more fun.
6. Wood burning pizza ovens can be built in such a way that you can do more than just pizza on them. You can do meat, you can do vegetables, you can do bread, you can do literally anything that is cooked with direct heat using a wood burning pizza oven. Here’s a little tip. When the fire is going down and you have just a bit of ash there, bury a sweet potato or just a regular potato, and you’ll wake up to something great. It cooks slowly in the little leftover heat and comes out just right.
7. If you have kids, it’s a great way of getting then involved and of teaching them about life in the outdoors. If you haven’t built your wood burning pizza oven yet, get them to help you build it. If you already have one, start from scratch with them to get everything ready. Let them help with the dough and the toppings, let them help with the wood and firing up the stove and then let them watch as they transform everything into something wonderful. It teaches them about process and waiting for results. The value of wood burning pizza ovens is endless. If you have a place in your home where you can get one up, please do because it’s something that will occasionally make life great fun.